Club President Mark French & Groundsman John McFarlane
Redlands Tigers had two teams – 4th Grade no 1 and 6th Grade no 1 reach the semi finals of the Premier Competition. Unfortunately the rain interfered with play and we were not able to progress to the final.
At our Annual Presentation of Awards Night held at the Redlands Sporting Club over 160 people were present to see the major Award winners presented with their trophies.
• The Don Seccombe Shield for most runs was won by Sohail Shojaei with 709 runs.
• The Redlands Cricket Shield for best batting average went to Jacob Bowell and the most promising bowler was presented to Luke Heagel.
• The Redlands Cricket Award for most wickets by a woman player was won by Delyse Laycock – the granddaughter of former Test Umpire Mel Johnson.
• The Action Indoor Sports Award for women’s Batting Average went to Evie Massingham with a total of 484 runs.
• The Bowling award went to Kate McDonald taking 10 wickets at an average of 13.50.
• The Eddie Santagiuliana Award for the Redlands Tigers Best and Fairest/Most Valuable Player went to Scott Butters from our 6th Grade no 1 side. Scott took 31 wickets and scored 469 runs.
• Medallions were also presented to 11 players who scored centuries and 22 players who took five or more wickets during the season.
• A special award was presented to Lois and Geoff Goleby for their services to Cricket in the Redlands. They have been involved with the Cleveland/Thornlands Club for nearly 20 years.
• The Club Person of the Year Award was presented to Richard Chora for his loyal support of our Club. Richard is the current Club Treasurer as well as performing in excess of 750 hours of voluntary work at the Club especially on weekends.
At the Queensland Cricket Awards night our groundsman John McFarlane was presented with the STA Queensland Groundsman of the year award for the 5th consecutive year. Club President Mark French was presented with the Clem Jones Perpetual trophy for voluntary service to cricket, particularly in the Redlands for the past 17 years.
The RCI Annual General Meeting will be held on 31 July at 7 pm in the Redlands Tigers Clubhouse.