Barista / Cafe Attendant – Casual
Enjoy a varied and challenging position with excellent casual opportunities at our Café. Share your passion for a good coffee, a great meal and an incredible atmosphere.
Create a memorable experience by joining our team!
Redlands Sporting Club has recently been renovated and is the home away from home our customers love to come to. We provide a varied range of Food & Beverage options to our members and guests. Great opportunities exist to work in an environment that provides stability in employment with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of the team. We delight in providing for our members and their guests a 200 machine gaming floor, a Steakhouse, Café, 400 seat Buffet, a function room on the second level, Keno Lounge, Sports Bar & TAB, Entertainment Lounge and a Kids Club Room. Our goal is to provide gold star customer service to everyone we interact with so that each and every visit is memorable and an experience they long to repeat.
About the Role
As part of our café team, you will help to create an experience to remember by delivering a modern menu filled with a variety of dishes to suit every palate. Included in this experience is providing our customers coffees and tea to satisfy all taste buds. Our team consists of friendly and welcoming personalities with outstanding attention to detail and the ability to deliver genuine and exceptional customer service consistently and professionally.
In this role, you will also be required to undertake the following duties:
- Provide prompt, friendly customer focused service to members and guests
- Communicate effectively and take correct food/drink orders
- Operate point of sale, including money handling
- Safe food handling practices
- Preparing barista quality coffees consistently (under the training of our Redlands Sporting Club’s coffee trainers)
- Good understanding of beverage and food offerings
- Promotion of Club events and efficient delivery of information to all patrons
- Promotion of membership benefits
- Clear, clean and maintain a tidy lounge and work area
- Clear understanding of responsibilities regarding Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Other duties as requested
As someone with previous experience in the hospitality or customer related industry, you will possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service. You will have a willingness to build long-term relationships with customers and will have impeccable grooming, presentation and communication skills.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Honest, reliable, friendly and approachable
- Ability to work in a team environment and under pressure
- Reliability and the flexibility to work a variety of night and weekend, which may include public holidays
- A willingness to learn and undertake training when required
- The ability to coach and guide others when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- High standard of personal presentation
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a Community Club environment is a distinct advantage
- Minimum 1-2 years of barista experience
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification required
- Responsible Service of Gambling Certification required
- Hygiene for Food Handlers Certification required
- Working rights in Australia
If you are interested in expressing your interest in this role, simply complete the application process and we’ll be in touch when a vacancy becomes available
No recruitment agencies please